International travel insurance plans are available for single and multiple trips during the year. If you plan a one-off trip to a foreign country, you can buy travel insurance online for a single trip. These plans have premium rates based on the coverage extended for one trip. Hence, the premium is lower than that for a multi-trip international travel insurance plan. We also suggest you compare travel insurance providers and plans to find the best plan for your needs. This article will discuss the best way to get a single-trip travel insurance policy online.
What is Single-trip Travel Insurance?
A single-trip international travel insurance policy offers coverage for medical and non-medical emergencies during your foreign travel. These plans are ideal for one-off trips or for people who do not travel frequently. The premium charged will depend on the duration of the trip, the number of people being covered, and the inclusions and exclusions of the policy.
Do I Need Travel Insurance For a One-off International Trip?
There are two aspects that you need to keep in mind:
- If you are travelling to a country where it is mandatory for tourists to have an international medical insurance policy, then you can buy a travel insurance plan that includes medical and non-medical insurance
- If you are travelling to a country where medical insurance is not mandatory, then you buy a travel insurance plan to ensure that if you are faced with any medical or non-medical emergencies, then your finances are not impacted.
When you travel to a new country, you might have to face drastic changes in weather, temperature, food, water, and quality of air. While minor health issues can be managed, if things turn serious and hospitalisation is involved, managing those expenses can deplete your funds. Also, many non-medical emergencies, like the loss of baggage, passport, etc., can also have a financial impact. You can get coverage for all such expenses with the right travel insurance plan.
How To Apply For Travel Insurance Online
Follow these easy steps to purchase an online travel insurance policy —
- Visit the website of the insurer from where you want to buy the travel policy.
- Choose travel insurance from the list of products.
- Enter your destination and dates of travel.
- Provide details about all the people travelling with you who need coverage.
- Choose the right type of policy.
- Pay the premium.
- Receive the policy document at your registered email address.
Exclusions of a Travel Insurance Policy
The insurer will not offer coverage if:
- If you travel against the advice of the doctor
- You have a pre-existing illness
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Pregnancy-related medical claims
- Injuries sustained by you while you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Read the policy document carefully to understand the exclusions and inclusions in detail.
To ensure that you make optimum use of the insurance plan, buy a travel policy online with comprehensive coverage. Think about the country that you are planning to visit and the risks it can expose you to before making a decision. Also, a single-trip travel insurance policy is an affordable way of protecting your finances from unwanted accidents and emergencies. Hence, ensure that you assess your insurance needs and look for the perfect plan. Good Luck!